Use the links below for easy navigation:
- What is Cloud Logging?
- How do I activate a Cloud Logging license?
- How do I use Cloud Logging?
- How is Cloud Logging invoiced?
- What do you mean by “data points / hour”?
- How do I change my license?
- How do I extend my Cloud Logging license?
What is Cloud Logging?
Cloud Logging is a service with which you can pull your data from your PLC, send it securely to the cloud, and access it through advanced and easy to use dashboards. These dashboards can be viewed from any device with an internet connection.
If there is no internet connection available for the IXrouter, your data is not lost. The IXrouter can locally store data for weeks at a time if there is no internet connection available. This data is not locally accessible. Once the IXrouter has internet again, it'll send the data to the cloud.
How do I activate a Cloud Logging license?
Take a look at the following article: Activate or try Cloud Logging 30 days for free.
How do I use Cloud Logging?
Follow these next few steps to get your Cloud Logging all set up.
- Step 1: Activate Cloud Logging (or start the 30 day free trial).
- Step 2: Set up a data source. Here you select (1) your communication protocol (i.e. Modbus) and (2) add the variables that you’re interested in.
- Step 3: Log your data. Here you add data tags. A data tag is nothing more than a variable, which you added in step 1, that you now configure to log.
- Step 4: Visualizing/export your data. You can visualize your data in customizable dashboards, export it as a .csv file, or request it via our API.
How is Cloud Logging invoiced?
Cloud Logging can be purchased by sending a purchase order to our sales team or via your account manager.
What do you mean by “data points / hour”?
We distinguish our licenses by the amount of data points / hour that they allow you to log, but what actually is the measurement "data points / hour"? Here's an easy example: if you’re logging 1 variable every minute, you're using a total of 1 x 60 = 60 data points / hour. If you’re unsure how much you really need, it’s best to simply activate the trial and try it out.
How do I change my license?
At the moment is not possible to upgrade or downgrade the amount of data points per hour. In order to do this please contact our sales team.
Active data points / hour may not exceed license size
Your current data points / hour may not exceed the amount of data points / hour that your new license supports. Lower them first, if necessary, by changing your data tag configuration.
How do I extend a Cloud Logging license?
A license has an end-date and often it is desired to postpone this date. Simply follow these steps to extend a license:
- Go to the [Licenses] page and search for the license that needs to be extended.
- Open its [∙∙∙] Options and select [Extend License].
- Enter the license key you received and press [Confirm].
The end-date of the license will be prolonged with the duration connected to the entered license.